Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Enjoying retired life so far....

After two years at it, I am indeed enjoying retirement, and also keeping busy -- magic club, arts committee, watercolor and oil painting classes, music lessons, and trying to launch a Web business with wine advice. 

My to-do list is lengthy--but it's all stuff I'd like to accomplish, rather than stuff I need to do to make money (though I could use some freelance writing/editing work, with the market killing my retirement funds).

It's easy to spend a lot of time not doing a lot of anything. My target this year (2009) is to make some serious progress on my blogs (posting regularly, so I can justify marketing them to my friends), figuring out how to get good info and real answers for the newly retired in my site, BoomersRetired.com, and developing SavvyTaste.com, with my partner Lew Perdue.

To which end I just received the book, "Self DIscipline in 10 days," which just MIGHT let me make more effective use of my time. Its initial chapter makes it seem promising. I'll keep you posted....

No comments: